Sunday, June 28, 2015

DUKE'S EIGHTH BIRTHDAY!!!


"Are you going to share that with me?"

Yes, today is our doxie Duke's 8th birthday!  Thing is, he still thinks he's a puppy most of the time:  he loves to kill his toys (a dachshund trait), bark loudly, give doggie kisses, play tug-of-war, having running fits, act comical, and tease.


"I don't want to get up yet!"

He's quite a dawg, and has brought so much love and laughter to our family.  The grandchildren, especially our five-year-old grandson, love him--and he loves them, too.  He's good buddies with them.

I've never known a dog with as much personality as Duke--he's positively human at times, and can also tell time.  YES HE CAN.  He somehow knows when it is time for any meal, or at least, when HE thinks it is time.  He stares at me to go into the kitchen and cook, and if I don't do it pretty soon, he resorts to telling me by barking at me.

In any case, we love him to pieces, and he's our fur baby.  As I type, he and Clark and playing tug-of-war--and that dawg is strong.

Dachshunds . . . you gotta love 'em.


"Canada geese, outa my yard!

"Boy, that food looks good!"

"Who are those children in the photo?"

"Boo!  Did I scare you?"

"This driving thing isn't that hard"

"Don't you like my new hairdo?"

No comments:

Post a Comment