Tuesday, March 24, 2015

DOXIES AND BABIES/SMALL CHILDREN


What is it with dachshunds and babies or small children?  I think it is the dachshund's instinctive desire to love and protect . . . dog behaviorists might disagree with my assessment, and that's fine.  But I know what I know.

I have witnessed both my own dachshund as well as our "granddawg" dachshund being extremely gentle with the grandchildren when they were babies.  Shadow the granddawg would often go up to the baby sitting or lying on a blanket and give him/her a doggie kiss and lie down beside the baby just like the photo below.

Duke loves to play rough with my husband Clark, but he's gentle with the grandchildren.  He might accidentally bite my hand off when we're playing tug of war, but nary a nibble toward the grands!!  Er, that might be a slight exaggeration on my part, but you get the idea.






















Shadow cuddling with his "brother"

Shadow sleeping with his "sister"






















Dachshunds . . . you gotta love 'em 'cause they love babies (a fabulous reason to love 'em).

No comments:

Post a Comment