Tuesday, February 24, 2015

TODAY IS SHORT-HAIRED (SMOOTH COAT) DACHSHUND DAY!


Image result for smooth coat dachshunds

I have so enjoyed posting about the various coats and colors of my beloved doxies the past couple of weeks!  Today, I declare as SHORT-HAIRED (SMOOTH COAT) DACHSHUND DAY!  I must admit that I'm kinda partial to this type of coat, since that's the only kind our family has ever owned.

The first doxie I had was when I was about ten years old and we lived in Bremerhaven, Germany (Dad was military).  Elia was a red, smooth coat, and I loved her to pieces.  I've written often about her, so I won't do so now.

Our current doxie Duke and granddawg Shadow are both black-and-tan smooth coat dachshunds.  I will post some of their photos, and then other dachshunds.  For those who haven't heard, Shadow is the inspiration for my series, THE DACHSHUND ESCAPADES books written by Sarge the dachshund.  Duke is introduced in Book 2, I AM DACHSHUND.  If interested, visit my Amazon author page for more information about these books:  www.amazon.com/author/mavisdukehinton.

Enjoy!

Shadow, who is 14 years old:






Duke, who is seven years old:






Other dachshunds:










Image result for smooth coat dachshunds


Image result for smooth coat dachshunds            Image result for smooth coat dachshunds

Image result for smooth coat dachshunds                                         Image result for smooth coat dachshunds


Dachshunds . . . you gotta love 'em in any coat or color!

No comments:

Post a Comment