Friday, March 13, 2015

I AM BACK FROM TRIP OUT WEST

For those of you who noticed, I have been away for about two weeks (I didn't mention it before I left).  We visited our daughter and son-in-law in AZ, and DROVE every inch of the way from here in Atlanta all the way to Mesa!!  Oh, it was so much fun, too.  We have always enjoyed road trips, but for years, I couldn't travel like that because of my bad knees.  Now that I've recovered from both knee replacements, the trip was fabulous--everything else might have hurt when I was tired, but my new knees were good to go!

Duke stayed with our daughter Holly and family while we were away.  The grands love him so much, and he loves them, too.  We were glad to find that he missed us while we were gone, though.


Here are a few photos we took while driving across the country:

Sunset Cliffs, San Diego

Waffle in San Antonio

Along Texas road between El Paso and San Antonio

USS Midway, San Diego - Clark's dad helped build this ship after WWII

View outside our hotel, Point Loma, San Diego

New Orleans

No comments:

Post a Comment