Thursday, November 20, 2014

HERE HE IS . . . TA DA! SHADOW . . . THE . . . DOXIE!


I'm kinda partial to Shadow, our granddawg, as far as dachshunds go.  He comes in at a very close second place for me behind our own doxie Duke.

Shadow is 13, is a black-and-tan mini, and you'll never meet a smarter doxie.  He's so smart that he "wrote" THE DACHSHUND ESCAPADES series of books!  Sarge is based upon Shadow, and many of the incidents in these books really happened.

Here he is sporting his brand new hooded sweater that his "mama" got him (our daughter Holly).  Oh, he's compliant and will wear just about anything the family puts on him (a wig, a bridal veil, a grandma bonnet--you get the idea).  But that face says it all!

I can imagine what he's saying--after all, I've written five books from a dachshund's viewpoint, so I can't help myself, LOL:

"All right, Mama, I'm wearing it, but I don't have to like it!"

"Do you know how ridiculous I look in this getup?"

"It's not cold in the house, Mama--so tell me again why I have to wear a sweater??"

And so on.

Wanna caption the photo?  Then leave a comment below.

Dachshunds . . . you gotta love 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment