Tuesday, April 22, 2014

DACHSHUNDS: PET OR FAMILY MEMBER?

 
 

That pretty much sums it up for most, if not all, of the dachshund owners I know.  What do you think?

I've often commented to Clark that Duke our doxie is probably treated better than a lot of children are!  That is not to put down parents, but to illustrate how much we think of our dawg.  Oh, I know I spoil him, but he's not obnoxious about being spoiled--he's rather cute about it, in fact.

What constitutes a spoiled dog, anyway?  With children, we tend to think of them as wanting their own way all the time and pitching a tantrum if they don't get it.  Well, of course Duke wants his own
Duke:  "See this innocent face?  How could I possibly
be called 'spoiled'??"
way!  So do I, for that matter :).  He doesn't "pitch a fit" as we say in the South, but he does tell us off occasionally when we say NO.  Even in that, he's cute.

Is your dachshund a family member or merely a pet?  Leave a comment below--it would be interesting to find out what other dachshund owners think of their dawgs.

Dachshunds--you gotta love 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment