Tuesday, May 15, 2018

MOVING DAY LOOMS CLOSER!



We are moving to Macon, GA, on Friday, so our house is a minefield of boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap--you name it! My hubby Clark and I are on the home stretch with packing, being old hands at moving. I grew up in a military family, so I attended 13 schools by the time I graduated from high school, And, Clark and I have moved nine or ten times since we married in 1970. We're saying that this move to be closer to our family is our LAST ONE. We'll see!!

Image may contain: 4 people, including Holly Hinton Blinson and Philip Blinson, people smiling, people standing, stripes and outdoor
Holly and the grands
The closing on our home here in Snellville is tomorrow, and the closing on our new house in Macon is Thursday. Friday we load up and head to Macon. Our three grandchildren are coming back with us on Thursday and will help me go through the house on Friday after the movers load up. We'll do the hardwoods, take a final swipe at the baths and kitchen, walk around to make sure we don't leave anything behind, then out the door we'll go. 


We'll miss our home here, but new adventures await us in Macon. We'll be only 15 minutes from Holly and family instead of the two hours we have now. Oh, I know that's not that far (we are still three days away from Kurt and Bethany in AZ), but we have no family here at all.

This is my last post until we reconnect in Macon, so it will be sometime next week when I can navigate the minefield of boxes to reach the computer! Will see you on the other side, doxie lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment