Monday, March 20, 2017

AH, THOSE DACHSHUND PUPPIES!


Image may contain: text

Doxie owners, isn't that the truth? We adopted our doxie Duke at eight weeks, and at his first vet checkup, I remember telling the vet that I was too old to have a puppy--Duke wore me out! The vet told me to wait until he was a year old, and that Duke would slow down by then. WRONG! Duke was five or six before we saw any appreciable difference in his behavior. In fact, he's approaching age ten in June, and he often still acts like a puppy (but he gives me time to rest in between tug-of-war and fetch).

Having known many types of dogs over the years, all breeds have pros and cons. But I must say that I believe the dachshund is one of the unique breeds out there: highly intelligent, almost bratty at times, they can exasperate and delight us at the same time! There's never a dull day around a dachshund--Duke makes me laugh EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Dachshunds . . . you gotta love 'em, because it's impossible not to!

"Where did my ball go??"

"Ahhhh . . . a little to the left"
  

"I am smarter than humans think"
"SNACK TIME!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment