Thursday, February 19, 2015

WHEN DACHSHUNDS WANT TO PLAY, THEY MEAN NOW!



My doxie Duke seems to want to play when I'm especially busy--I think he must have some sort of sixth sense about it!  Or, at the exact time when I want to edit a manuscript or rewrite a passage (and need my wits, such as they are, about me)--you guessed it--Duke brings his ball or squeak toy and drops it at my feet.  He wants me to throw it for him to fetch, or he wants to play tug-of-war.  Doxies are big on tug-of war.  And he's so strong!

He's a dawg who's tough to ignore, you know, because he simply will not take no for an answer.  Oh, I've tried ignoring him, telling him no, or just throwing that blasted ball a time or two, hoping to satisfy him.  HA!  It doesn't work:  he wants to play until he doesn't want to play, meaning that I must throw his toy for him at least 20 times or pull on a toy in tug-of-war until my biceps are admirable. By then, I'm out of the mood for writing or editing.  He's like a toddler--he wants what he wants, WHEN he wants it!

I still love him, though.  Good thing he's so cute, though; that has saved him from being choked :).


Dachshunds . . . you gotta love 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment