Monday, February 2, 2015

TODAY IS CHOCOLATE DACHSHUND DAY!

Two things I absolutely love are chocolate and dachshunds--and to have both together is fabulous.  So, today is declared "Chocolate Dachshund Day" on this blog!

In doing some research on doxie colors, here is some information I found:

Solid blacks and solid chocolates often occur, but are not accepted by the AKC standard.  Personally, I don't care if a dachshund's color meets the AKC standard or not, because I don't plan on having any show dogs.  I just love 'em because I love dachshunds!

Before posting the photos of beautiful chocolates, here is some further information about doxie coats (in case you are interested!):

Colors Dachshund coats also vary from solid to mixed colors.
Solids -Single-colored doxies can have a bit of white on their chest; however, their nose and nails should be black. Solid colors in dachshunds include Cream (aka English cream) , Red.
Two Color - Two-colored dachshunds typically have tan or cream markings near the eyes, jaw, chin, ear borders, chest, rear end, throat, and on the front legs. A bit of white on the chest area is accepted but not preferred. In addition to the tan or cream, two-colored doxies will also have another color such as Black, Chocolate, Gray, Fawn, Wild Boar.
Information from http://www.everyonelovesadachshund.com/breed-guide
Note:  I will post information and photos about patterned doxie coats (piebald, brindle, etc.) in another post soon.
And now, without further ado, here are the adorable chocolates:
Now this is a true chocolate dachshund!  Ha ha, I couldn't
help myself - let's see who is paying attention :)





  Dachshunds . . . you gotta love 'em . . . no matter what color!


No comments:

Post a Comment