Wednesday, April 17, 2019

THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH

From my own experience, doxie lovers are rabid about their doxies. I mean, we love them to death, and we don't think any other dog breed even holds a candle to dachshunds! Oh, I personally love German shepherds, huskies, and even the occasional boxer or border collie, but dachshunds are practically a part of my DNA, and most dachshund lovers feel the same way.

Image may contain: 1 person, text

What is it about dachshunds, exactly, that gives rise to such undying love and devotion to them? Doxies are notoriously stubborn, difficult at times, too smart for their own good, and bark WAY too much. After much thought, however, I believe we love them so much because THEY LOVE US BACK UNCONDITIONALLY. Yes, they can be annoying (but I submit, so can human children!). Doxies are very attuned to their humans and watch us incessantly, knowing us far better than we often realize. Yes, they have less-than perfect personas, but to me, it's impossible not to love them--here are some of the many reasons why I personally love the breed, from personal experience:

  1. Yes, they love us, and they want us to love them back
  2. They're cute and endearing
  3. They're foot warmers on a cold night
  4. They take care of us when we aren't feeling well, and they instinctively know when that is
  5. They miss us when we are away, even for five minutes
  6. They seek our companionship, and love to show us how they feel
  7. When that world out there seems daunting, doxies make things easier to face
  8. They keep our secrets
  9. They make us laugh every single day
  10. They know how to give comfort: a doggie kiss goes a long way toward healing us


There are tons more reasons why I love dachshunds so much, because I have loved and lost several in my lifetime. Each one took a piece of my heart, and I've never forgotten the ache I felt when they passed on. They have left an indelible mark upon my life, and I am the better for having known each of them.

That's why I love dachshunds, one of God's amazing creatures--what about you?

Image may contain: dog

No comments:

Post a Comment