Thursday, July 27, 2017

AWAITING DUKE'S PLATELET COUNT

UPDATE on Duke 07/27/17, 12:55 p.m.:
UGA checked his platelet levels this morning, and there is no change YET. The vet said we need to give it another full day, as the med often doesn't kick in for three or four days.

The internal bleeding (stomach/GI tract) is worrisome, and until his platelet levels come up, there's no way of stopping it--but it isn't heavy, thankfully.

I posted last night that they had given him a red cell transfusion, as his levels had gone down due to loss of blood (also found in his stool).

So . . . we wait. Honestly, I was fine yesterday, not fine today. I miss my dawg and his dogginess. You fellow doxie lovers know where I am coming from!

Finally, whatever happens with Duke, I will NEVER forget the love and prayers shown to us by doxie lovers from everywhere. I have felt your prayers, your love, and your concern for Duke and his welfare. People I don't even know have private messaged me, offering prayer and commiseration! People have asked pertinent questions, not "canned" comments. God is in control, and you have been His ambassadors to our family, from my hubby and me down to the grandchildren, who love Duke so much. They had lost their doxie Shadow in February, who was 16.

LOVE to all of you, many who are also going through difficult times. I offer my prayers back to you, that God will comfort and sustain you, just as He's doing for us through you, friends, and family.
Duke is holding his own--he's not better, but he's certainly not worse at this writing. I'll take that for now .




No comments:

Post a Comment