Tuesday, June 20, 2017

AND HOW WAS YOUR FATHER'S DAY?

Our daughter Holly and family came Sunday afternoon to celebrate Father's Day with hubby Clark. Aaaaaaand, they brought the newest addition to their family, Sunny! She stole the show, to say the least. Our daughter Bethany and hubby Kurt are currently RV'ing in Oregon, the Pacific Northwest, so they couldn't join us. We text, call, and FaceTime all the time, however.

Here are my thoughts about Clark that I posted on Facebook for Father's Day:

Happy Father's Day  to my amazing Clark Hinton. Oh, I know you don't care for the spotlight (unlike me), but I must shine it on you now and then, anyway, especially for "your" day.
Words can't do justice to your selfless devotion to me, our family, and others. You are the calm in the storms of life, my refuge, my best friend, confidante, love of my life.
As a dad and "papa," we don't take you for granted for all you do! Your unconditional love for us is apparent when you anticipate our needs and fulfill them, be they a dozen long-stemmed red roses for me, fixing an appliance for the daughters and sons-in-law, or repairing bikes for the grands. You suffer through our laughing fits (all of us females), listen, always give of yourself and share your time generously. I treasure your integrity and your faith.
Since I'm on a roll, saying "thank you" is inadequate for your caring and leadership. I thank God He orchestrated our meeting in Frank Sandy's home on Oct. 17, 1968! We were both 20: I was a senior in college and you were a police cadet--and what a glorious life we've had! God has blessed us with a wonderful, loving family, and I thank you for sharing life with me. I look forward to our future together. I love you!!

And here are some photos from our day:

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing, child, tree, stripes and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting, dog and outdoor

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing, tree, stripes, child and outdoor

Dachshunds . . . you gotta love 'em, especially adorable puppies like Sunny, who is eight weeks old.

No comments:

Post a Comment