Monday, July 11, 2016

MEET THE REAL SARGE THE DOXIE!

Granddawg Shadow with his human "sister" Annika

Those who know me already know that my granddawg Shadow (age 15) was my inspiration for writing THE DACHSHUND ESCAPADES books. So many zany things have happened in my family that I wanted to write about them, but I also wanted to include something about Shadow. Since I was always telling my family what Shadow was thinking (judging from his body language and facial expressions), they urged me to write a book from his viewpoint. The rest, as they say, is history.

Our daughter Holly and son-in-law Philip brought this eight-week-old black-and-tan puppy by our house one evening, and our family has never been the same since! He's their oldest "child" now, and big brother to the three grandchildren (ages six, ten, and twelve), three kitty brothers, and the newest addition to his family, Bruno the white boxer. 

Clark and I adopted our doxie Duke nine years ago from the same breeder (not to worry, she was AKC certified), and OUR home has never been the same since, either. Duke is introduced in I AM DACHSHUND, Book 2 of the series.

Duke: "You gonna eat that?"

Shadow cannot see or hear as well as he used to, but he's still got some spunk left--if Bruno is a bit too rambunctious, Shadow has no trouble telling the young whippersnapper to calm down! Bruno, by the way, is two years old.

Dachshunds . . . you gotta love 'em.

Bruno--look at that sweet face!

No comments:

Post a Comment