Tuesday, March 1, 2016

SO MANY DOXIES--SO MANY CHOICES


What is your favorite kind of doxie? I mean, you can choose from standard size or mini size (up to 11 pounds), coat type (smooth, longhaired, or wirehaired), and oh, the colors! There are now gray, cream, piebald, dapple, speckled, red, brown, black, blue, black-and tan, chocolate, and some mixtures in between.

Of course, both my doxie and my granddawg are black and tan, smooth coat; we find that the smooth coat is so easy to maintain. I will admit that the longhaired reds are gorgeous!  And the wirehaired look like lil' ol' grandpas to me.

Whatever the type, they're all doxies at heart, with all those traits we've come to know and love so well: lovable, sweet, comical, foodie, playful, sleep masters, and of course, stubborn. I love even that one.

Dachshunds . . . you gotta love 'em, no matter what.


No comments:

Post a Comment