Friday, December 4, 2015

DOXIE PUPPIES, BABIES, AND CHRISTMAS SHOPPING


Babies and puppies just go together nicely--especially babies and DOXIE puppies!

This adorable photo of both sleeping and wearing Santa hats was too sweet to resist, so this is my
Christmas photo of the day for my doxie-loving friends. I'll include a Christmas photo every time I post during the month of December.



Do  you have your Christmas shopping completed? I have done nearly all of it, and have already wrapped the gifts!  Oh, I know people who shop the after-Christmas sales for NEXT YEAR'S CHRISTMAS--I'm not one of them. Before we were retired teachers, my husband Clark and I were very busy during the month of December: all the school programs, preparing for and administering semester exams, grading exams and averaging grades, etc. Also, both of our daughters were involved in programs at school and at church, as well as playing sports, so there wasn't much time left over for decorating until Christmas break, let alone shopping for Christmas!

I made it easy on myself this year: I ordered everything online, and I cannot begin to do justice to the joys of doing so! There are several reasons why shopping online is such a stress-free way to shop:

Image result for christmas presents

(1) you can shop any time of day or night, dressed to the hilt or in PJs;

(2) it's so easy to find what you want without having to go to several stores (have you ever noticed that if you are shopping for something specific--item, size, color--stores never have it??);

(3) many sites offer free shipping, and you don't have to burn up gas or hunt for a parking space;

(4) weather doesn't affect your shopping, unless a big snowstorm slows down the trucks bringing    your purchases;
Image result for dachshund and christmas presents


(5) it's fun! Our daughter gave us a list for each of our grandchildren, complete with the links to those items--all I had to do was click on the links, and presto--buy the gifts.

A word of caution:

(1) please do not use a debit card when purchasing online. Banks and stores say those are easy targets for misuse. Credit cards are more protected;

(2) shop only on sites that are vetted or have a stellar track record. Fly-by-night websites abound around the Christmas season, so be careful.

Enjoy your Christmas shopping, and have a great weekend, doxie lovers!

Image result for dachshund and christmas presents


No comments:

Post a Comment