Thursday, October 1, 2015

LOVE THEM CRITTERS




I fondly remember every dog I ever had, even down to the personal traits each one had.  As a child, I remember the tolerance and companionship of our family dogs, who would sit with me and listen to me say silly things to them, never judging.  They did yawn now and then, however.

Duke, now eight, is a special doxie. He is very intelligent, and uses that to outsmart us dummies quite often. We're learning to outsmart him, though. He's quick, loving, stubborn, and sweet, all at the same time. No mean feat.

What do you recall about your dogs of the past? They take a little bit of our hearts when they go, but another dog quickly replaces it.  That's the way it should be in the scheme of things.

Dachshunds . . . you gotta love 'em, stubbornness and all.

Did you know this?

No comments:

Post a Comment