Wednesday, January 28, 2015

RED DACHSHUND DAY!



Today I'm posting pics of red smooth and long-haired dachshunds, both of which are beautiful dawgs.

As a child, we lived in Bremerhaven, Germany, for one of my military father's tours of duty.  We owned a red doxie named Elia, my first real pet (not counting goldfish).  She was a standard, terribly stubborn, and difficult to housebreak, but I loved her so much.  She also had many great doxie qualities:  strong sense of play, comical, loyal, loving, and just plain fun to be around--a great companion for a nine-year-old girl.  Elia allowed me to dress her up in baby clothes and push her around outside in my doll carriage!  She'd just lie on her back under the doll blanket with her two paws on top of it while wearing that silly baby cap.

When ladies would pass me on the sidewalk, indulgently asking taking a look inside that carriage to see my doll (at least, that's what they were expecting), they were bowled over!  Many expressed surprise that a dog would let me dress her up and then lie still for that long.  Needless to say, I was pleased with the attention, and I think Elia was, too.

I can say that my current doxie Duke just wouldn't stand for it.  He detests anything on his head unless it is his blanket that he's burrowed under.

Enjoy these beautiful red doxies today:























Dachshunds . . . you gotta love 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment