Friday, March 14, 2014

DOXIE PAWS: YES, YOU READ IT CORRECTLY

Yes.  I'm writing about doxie paws today.  Why?  Because I happen to think they're cute, just like doxie ears, eyes, noses, or tails. 
 
Those paws were created to be little shovels, and I read somewhere that those cunning little paws can dig out a foot and a half of dirt in about a minute!  Fortunately, our doxie Duke isn't interesting in digging up the yard.  Maybe because it resembles work? 
 
No, he'd much rather smell every blade of grass or plant in the yard, chase after the Canada geese (no, Canadian geese is incorrect, I just discovered recently), squirrels, etc.  He is still bewildered when he chases squirrels--he hasn't figured out that they go up trees; to him, they simply vanish.

Back to paws:  doxies also use them to hold something they wish to chew; it's cute watching Duke hold his favorite toy so he can chew it up better.  Doxies' short legs can move pretty quickly if you've ever observed one running, ears flapping in the breeze. 
 
No matter if I sound nuts.  I just happen to like the fact that God created dogs, that's all.  They are such wonderful friends to us humans, and I'm one who is thrilled that He created them.  How about you?





No comments:

Post a Comment