Tuesday, November 19, 2013

DACHSHUND = DOBERMAN??

 


When I saw this poster, I just had to post it on this blog.  I know it fits our doxie Duke to a "T" - he definitely thinks he's a big, bad dawg.  Just try to play tug-of-war with him, or try to get a ball away from him . . . he keeps it about an inch beyond my reach, growls, and has an evil gleam in his eye.  He knows what he is doing, and although he WANTS me to get the ball, he will grab it before I can get it.  He's much more agile than I am, certainly.  After awhile, he'll give in and "allow" me to retrieve his ball so I can throw it for him to chase down the hall.  Isn't that accommodating of him??

People are always commenting on the loudness of a dachshund's bark, and I've often wondered how they CAN bark so loudly.  When our granddawg Shadow is here, too, well . . . it sounds like we have ten or fifteen dawgs in the house instead of only two when they decide to "comment" on something!  And heaven help us if someone rings the doorbell, like the pizza delivery man did the other night when our daughter Holly, hubby Philip, and the three grandchildren were here.  Dachshunds think the doorbell ring is a call to action, I believe.


In any case, both Duke and Shadow ran to the door, ready to take it off its hinges, so as I paid the delivery man, others held the "vicious animals" at bay.  Oh, if he had come in, they probably would have licked him to death if we showed that he was a friendly human. 

Such are dachshunds:  very protective of their humans, and we wouldn't have it any other way.  I'd like to see the Dog Whisperer stop a doxie from barking at a doorbell ringing, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment